Sunday, October 16, 2011

Songs that Uplift People

"Give me Your eyes so I can see everything that I keep missing, Give me Your love for humanity." Words to a song I heard on the radio today. It gives me hope that when I am looking at the world, I can have the chance to see what God sees. This can apply not only for everyday life, but we will be able to see all the injustices that are around us everyday.

In my family, there have been a lot of challenges lately. My brother and I changed schools and by the Grace of God, we are able to go to an amazing school. My parents have had a difficult time, but we are working through everything. Their marriage is completely fine, but the financial aspect is a challenge a lot of the time. These past 4 years of my life have really had me thinking about my faith and trust in God a lot more. Now that I am a Senior in high school, I can honestly say that I don't know everything, not even close, but I can tell you from personal experiences that God has a plan for everything and a purpose for every good and bad thing that happens in your life. I would love to go into more detail about what has happened in my life that has opened my eyes to see the goodness that God has placed in my life, but I can't at the moment for personal reasons. Later I will discuss and describe how persecution is happening right here in our own country. There are people here who confess that their God is the Lord God Almighty but persecute people in their very own communities and work environments. It shocks me and angers me how many people can just stand by and not do anything to help the people who are being persecuted around them.

Thanks for reading this if you made it all the way to the end!

Update on the T-shirts: We will be delivering the bags of t-shirts we collected on Wednesday, thanks to my Mom! She will be transporting the t-shirts. We hope to have two more t-shirt collection drives at our sister High Schools sometime this fall or next semester. If you have any ideas or thoughts please do not hesitate to e-mail us at fiftyplusonenow@gmail.com we love feedback even though we don't get a lot of it!

Love,

The 50plusONE girls

No comments:

Post a Comment